Primary Research Consulting, Inc. ensures the highest standards of quality and expertise. With over 15 years of experience, we have the rigour and specialized training to meet the diverse needs of our clients. We believe in building trusting relationships in order to:
- Design and facilitate qualitative research and program evaluations;
- Collaborate with businesses, government organizations, health, and educational institutions;
- Perform in-depth analysis of programs and policies;
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate information related to research and evaluation initiatives;
- Disseminate research and program evaluation information to guide efficient and accountable decisions.
Shannon M. Gentilini, B.A., M.Ed.
Shannon M. Gentilini has over 15 years of experience in qualitative research and program evaluation. As founder and President of Primary Research Consulting, Inc., Shannon is responsible for all business operations and development. She procures strong relationships with key partners throughout all aspects of research and evaluation work. Shannon is respected as a credible voice in leveraging research and evaluation initiatives with large, medium, and small organizations.
Shannon earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in education from the College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, Minnesota) and Master of Education degree in science from the University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta). She is a certified teacher and trained program evaluator. Shannon is known as an industry leader for her numerous contributions to the field of science education.
Shannon is an accomplished writer with professional publications in areas ranging from science, literacy, public policy, and social programs. She has conducted workshops on research protocols and presented at a variety of academic conferences. Shannon has instructed undergraduate level courses for the Faculty of Education at the University of Alberta. She has mentored a number of business leaders, teachers, graduate students, consultants, and educational leaders.
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Evaluation Society (CES)
- International Institute for Qualitative Methodology (IIQM)
- Alberta Women in Science Network (AWSN)
- Women in Scholarship, Engineering, Science and Technology (WISEST)
- Women and Children’s Health Research Institute (WCHRI)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- The Centre for Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education (CMASTE)
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA, formerly ITEA)
- The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST)
- Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA)
FOIP (Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
PIPA (Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act)
TCPS2 (Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans)
Additional safeguards, such as: locked filing cabinets, password protection and firewalls.